Tuesday, April 25, 2006

A Million Miles away from my Ipod



It's always weird to go through a catalog and find something you owned. I received this stereo from my Grandfather in 1978, it didn't make a lot of sense to give an eight year old a then expensive stereo but he got one for my older sister and didn't want to make me feel left out i guess.

He could have given me $20 and I would have felt just dandy but he was really into equality.

Still I had a lot of fun listening to Power Records (Hulk and Star Trek) , The Black Hole story book LP and eventually taking my Mego Black Hole Figures and torturing them on it. Oddly enough when my Grandfather died a few years later, he willed me his stereo.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Holy cow, I had one of those! Mine was black, though, and it was probably bought through either the Sears or JCPenney catalog. I got it a little bit later than you did, though. I think I got it in 1979, based on the release date of that John Denver Muppet Christmas album that I received at the same time.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin