Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Lone Ranger Dolls



Here is one of the nicest actio figure sets made in the 1970's, the Lone Ranger series by Gabriel/Hubley/Marx (someone want to explain that to me?)

I don't own any of this stuff and I never did as a kid, it just didn't appeal to me. As a kid, I had to spend every Saturday around horses and i resented it a little, so I never was much into this kind of stuff.

What really sucks is there is no "megomuseum" for the Lone Ranger line, it's beautiful, full of foreign exclusives and variants but nobody keeps a record anymore.

C'mon people, get with the program!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember at the height of my Star Wars obsession my mom brought home SW sized versions of the Lone Ranger and Tonto. I loved them strictly because their little six shooters fit in their molded plastic holsters. Or at least that's how I remember it.

Unknown said...

the lone ranger toys in the early '80s were phenomenal. The only problem was that the horses legs would get loose and then come off completely leaving me with a handicapped Scout, or Silver. Lone Ranger and Tonto wound up having to walk EVERYWHERE! They also had to fight Butch Cavendish every single frickin' time.

mattygroves said...

When I was a kid, I was livid. My younger brother got The Lone Ranger and Silver. Silver had articulated legs, and was very cool looking.

I got Tonto and Scout. Scout's legs didn't move. I felt gypped, and reckoned it was because I was a girl. :)

Anonymous said...

::I live in Mexico. I had this Lone Ranger & Silver. They are just part of my memories. I loved every moment I played with this set. I can remember the weight of the horse wit the action figure riding, the smooth vinyl black mask, the box was huge too. Thanks for upload the image, amigo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin