Monday, October 16, 2006

Monster Squad Action Figures Almost Happened

the Monster Squad almost got action figures

Here's a king sized depressing fact, we almost got Monster Squad and Kids from C.A.P.E.R action figures! This page from an Ideal Toys catalog (borrowed from the Mego Museum) shows a series of six inch figures based on those Saturday morning series using what appears to be Evel Kneviel body.


I'd have killed for these figures as a kid, Monster Squad was one of my favourite shows. Very little merchandising was released (although I'll be featuring some this week). It's funny that they didn't make a figure of Fred Grandy's character (who seemed to serve the same role as Frank on Electra Woman, sit in the basement) but Mego would give him his due later.

1 comment:

Jamdin said...

I love Monster Squad and watched every episode on Saturday mornings when I was a kid.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin