Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Days Before Beta Max


These bring me back, I can remember watching "Charlie Chan and the Chan Clan" on my neighbour's wall back in 1977. They had played with it so much that all three siblings were saying the dialogue in unison, kind of strange.

Two thoughts entered my mind, one was "Who is Charlie Chan?" and the other was "Wouldn't it be neat to be able to play cartoons any time you wanted?". On a recent car trip, my son got to watch the entire run of "Jason of Star Command", he doesn't know how good he has it.....
Three days until Megomeet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These projectors were awesomely fun, at least for a while! The middle one really brings me back. After I got tired of the projected "movies" I just liked using the projector to make shadow puppets.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin