Thursday, May 24, 2007

R.I.P Uncle Bobby

goodbye uncle bobby

I just heard the sad news that Bobby Ash aka Uncle Bobby passed away on May 20th. For nearly twenty years he was the host of the "Uncle Bobby Show" (later renamed Kids Corner) on CTV.

The above autographed picture is from my collection, I met Bobby at a mall in '74, probably my first celebrity encounter. Apparently the show didn't pay well and Bobby was also a school bus driver and did children's parties to make ends meet.

It was your typical kids variety show with magicians, hippies with guitars, a singing policeman (whose son I befriended in high school), puppets, a lady who played with clay and Bimbo the Birthday the Clown, a wooden clown who had a slight creep factor. You'll be missed Bobby!

Uncle Bobby Show Website

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i have the exact same picture signed also
met him at the binder twine festival in Kleinburg
cool

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin