Saturday, May 01, 2010

Spider-Man at Toys By Rizzi

Here's a cool shot from 1979 featuring the webbed wall crawler at the opening of a "Toys By Rizzi" store in Downers Grove, IL. Spider-Man was joined by Bigfoot (not sure if he was the bionic one) but sadly there are no photos of him. If you look closely you can see a whole aisle of Kermit the Frog puppets, yaaaaayyy!

I've never heard of "Toys By Rizzi" before I saw this photo but I'm happy to announce I'll have more on them in the coming weeks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

very cool! There was a "Toys By Rizzi" in Randhurst Mall in Mt. Prospect, IL in the mid-to-late 70s. I vividly remember playing games on the Mego 2-XL they had on display there ...

Teresa said...

I was an employee at the toys by rizzi in Bloomingdales mall Stratford Square in the late 70’s. And then I was asst mgr at the one in Fox Valley Mall. Great fun job!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin