Sunday, November 07, 2010

Colouring Book Theatre: The Bride of Frankenstein

Universal Monsters" by Golden
When I did my poll last month, obviously the creech won out but a loit of folks seemed passionate about the Bride so it seemed fair to run a piece on this.

Frankenstein is my favourite movie monster after all and it's not like I have other colouring books to review right now.

Anyway by now you know that the art is nice and that this book goes out of it's way to be faithful to the original films. So let's visit the Bride after the jump:
 






I'm in awe that this weird scene with Doctor Septimus Pretorius and his homunculi is in this book as a two page spread.
The monster looking especially placated, where's his cigar? Oh that's right...
The classic blind man soothing him with the violin, a nice touch.

Oh yeah these guys, I forgot about them.

I pretty damn good likeness of Elsa Lanchester and Colin Clive. I immediately started humming the theme to "Weird Science" when I saw this page, I need a nap.
This is the last page in the tale, I interpret this as a look of pure joy upon the site of her new husband and they couldn't show the rest cause it gets a little "blue". I like happy endings...



If you have a colouring book you'd like to guest review, I'd like to hear from you!

1 comment:

Tex said...

That last pic reminds me of the Moonlighting episode where David Addison's watching the movie and talking to the screen.

"C'mon, honey. Monsters don't play hard to get."

Thanks for the Bride posting, Bro! It was worth the wait!

Tex
(the collection is now complete)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin