Friday, May 20, 2011

1977 Johnny's Toys Catalog

Located in Kentucky, Johnny's Toys was one of those independant Toy retailers you sorely miss in this day and age. The store was very customer friendly, sending children birthday cards that contained a key that could unlock a free gift on their next visit. In addition, they printed these fun catalogs that showcased some of the merchandise available in the store.


1977 was a fantastic year for Kentucky Ohio area kids as evidenced by the samples of these fun pages which include all the hot toys of the time like Mego Batman, Star Trek, G.I. Joe, SWAT, Six Million Dollar Man and much more.

Click on the images below to see larger pages with descriptions:









1977 Johnny's Toys Catalog


Other Toy Flyers and Circulars:
..
..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I grew up in Cincinnati, OH, and Johnny's Toys was the bomb! I was even part of the Johnny's Toys Birthday Club, and yes, I got my key to unlock the door to the "castle" to get my free gift!

Mills said...

One store, in Covington, Kentucky is still open. Sadly, the one near us in Greenhills, Ohio closed in 2008.

However, until then, they were still sending my daughters birthday keys to unlock a toy from the castle in store.

Good Times

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin