Friday, May 27, 2016

Battle of the Planets Phoenix by Ceji Arbois



Ever see something vintage for the first time and just "Oh I have to have this". That happened to me last month and the Ebay Gods smiled on me that I got it within my budget (that never happens).

This is a vintage Battle of the Planets Phoenix that was produced in France in 1980 and I WOULD HAVE KILLED FOR AS A KID!

More after the jump!







First of all this thing is like six inches long, incredibly perfect for a kid's hand.



Even though I have the missile, I have no idea how to make it fire. 



The original owner of this had this as a kid and was obvious a very neat child.






I won't tell you how long it took to get this shot, please tell me you enjoy it....




I assume this toy originated in Japan but i have no idea who made it.



You of course get tiny plastic interpretations of the individual vehicles and a missile. How did this kid not lose these? I've almost lost them twice today.



Everything tucks away in the bottom, thank goodness.

6 comments:

JFStan said...

Oh my god, that is truly a thing of beauty. :')

Anonymous said...

That's a repackaged Popy PB-78 from Japan. Totally awesome.

Plaidstallions said...

Thanks, I can't believe i had trouble recognizing the Popy logo, I look at it everyday. I need a nap....

Valohir said...

My friends and I loved battle of the planets and were always surprised there were no toys in the stores. We would have loved this. Great action shot btw!

Seventiesfan said...

That's very nice. And I thought finding a Mego Wonder Girl yesterday and completing my 8" super hero collection was a big deal. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Great find, not seen it before. About firing the missile, if you look at the directions on the side of the box (yes, it's French), it appears you just pull the plastic "hammer" back, then place the missile in front of it, then press the fire button. Have fun!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin