Saturday, January 14, 2017

Wanted! More Photos like this vintage He-Man appearance




This wonderful photo of Nick meeting the heroes of Eternia in 1985 is EXACTLY the kind of thing I want for Mall of Justice. If you have photos and stories like this DIG THEM OUT and tell me about it. I want you in my book!



Mall of Justice is a love
letter to the sensational personal appearances of our comic book, TV, movie and
toy icons during the 1970s and 80s.



Whether it's Adam West at a
car show, He-Man at a Toys R Us opening or an ersatz Chewbacca at a stereo
store, Mall of Justice melds vintage photos with childhood recollection of these epic meetings.



While I will design and
eventually publish the book (via PlaidStallions Press), it's a project we can all get involved with!








How you can get involved:
I'm looking for your photos and your recollections! Even if you've submitted
them to the site before, I would likely need higher resolution and I'd want to
talk to you.



What am i looking for:

Appearances of costumed characters during the 1970s and 80s, be they from comicbooks (Batman, the Hulk) , cartoons (, toy lines (Masters of the Universe, GI
Joe
)  or movies (Planet of the Apes,Star Wars
) , a date and place and a description of how you felt meeting theseiconic characters. Did you think they were real?



Does it have to
specifically be in a mall:

HECK NO! Car shows, county fairs, grocery stores, heck I'd
even accept birthday party shots. It's all fair game.



Download the PDF Concept booklet for Mall of Justice Here.

Download a PDF Here.


Check out a Little Flip Book Here.





Thanks everyone for reading and I hope you'll share your experiences with me!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin